So, lately I have been trying to work on my relationship with Eli. I just want him to open up more and talk to me about anything. Well maybe I got more than I bargained for. A couple of weeks ago I was asking Eli about school. He began to tell me about a few boys in his class that he referred to as "naughty". I asked him why he thought they were naughty? He said that they talk about this girl in his class in a not so nice way. I wanted to figure out what he was trying to tell me so I preyed a little more. He said they talk about what the want to do with her. As all of you moms can imagine I was shocked to hear this from my nine year old. So I preyed a little more and he said come on mom can't you figure it out. It was hard for me to ask but I said do you mean they said they want to have sex with her and he said yes! Shocking and scary.
Then out of no where he looks me square in the face and says, Mom have you ever had sex before? ............. I wanted to be honest so I said yes. He looked at me and said you are so disgusting, so I said the only thing I could think of and that was dad did it too! Followed by, I had to that is how a baby is made.
So after sharing the discussion with Jason, he called Eli into our room and asked how does this make you feel and Eli said, " I am highly disturbed by both of you!" Jason tells him that is good you should feel that way at nine years old, however after your mission you will marry a nice young lady and you will feel differently then. Eli said," No I won't I am never ever doing that!!"
So I had to blog about it so later in life I can remind all of us of this very statement. This was such a reminder to me of how much I still have to learn and what is yet to come as a mother.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Oh my gosh Mandy thanks for the good laugh. Ron and I were laughing so hard. But so sad that so many kids are being raised without values.
Love this story!! So much more fun when you are telling it in person though!
That is so hilarious!!! I'm so glad that you guys were able to have the discussion....and maybe this is the reason that you were feeling like you needed to get closer to him. The Spirit guided you so that you and Jason could talk to him about it. You get good mommy points for that. :)
I remember about 3 years ago when Nathan and I had THE discussion. I was shocked about how much he wanted to know. Now it makes me wonder if kids at school had been talking about it or something...
Man! If I had known that the Leavitt family blog was this good, I would have searched and searched until I found it earlier! That is so funny. Funny until it's my turn. I sure hope it doesn't happen at 9 years old. I am soooo not ready for that!
When I have that talk can I call you for advice? Luckily we have not had to deal with that yet.
Tiffany( the other cavalieri)
That makes me want to homeschool my kids!! Nasty little boys! Eli is such a good kid and so dang funny! I hope he thinks that way for a long time:)
Mandy - I hope it is ok I added you to my blogg list. You are such a neat person and was sad I moved before we became better friends. That story is so funny. I have been waiting for Makayla to ask since we are having another baby. But she hasn't yet....
Post a Comment